Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Follow up

Thanks so much for the helpful advice and information. It helps to hear that my doctor isn't the only one who has rushed a little in an appointment. Also, I agree that it is my own responsibility to speak up if I feel that I am not getting proper care! I would say something if I got a lousy haircut so why not something that costs 100 times as much! I decided to follow up with the office about the BPM and they responded very quickly that my baby's heartbeat was within the normal healthy range at 155- which is great. I am not sure if it is a boy or a girl based on the old wives tales that you can tell the sex from the heart rate- does anyone know that one? I don't totally believe in any of those things but it is fun the speculate.


Also, I am feeling better today. Yesterday I had a little bit of a rough morning but it may have been the result of an empty stomach. I made sure to have an egg, slice of cheese and half an English muffin before I left home today--Now if I could only remember my water bottle! Because of all that BPA plastic scariness I bought a stainless steel water bottle- it is so cute- but I keep forgetting it at home where it does me no good!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My midwife was very 'brusque' to say the least and didn't seem a. understanding b. interested c. enthusiastic, so I requested a different care package. It's really important that you gel with whoever is looking after you - it will make the whole process so much more enjoyable! I've heard it IS true about the heartbeat - but I don't want to tell you which way 'round it is (re. fast versus slow) - in case you don't know!

Kiki said...

Okay...pretty sure I could google this and that I should know the answer to the question I'm about to ask...but how do I know if something has BPA's in it??? I'm still using my Nalgene bottle, is that okay???

As for your doctor visit, I feel awful that you didn't get to enjoy your visit...I'm sure it'll go better next time and can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Midwest Prep said...

Kiki- I don't mean to freak you out but I heard that the nalgene ones are no goo anymore--- now let me also say that they are still undecided on if it really affects anything or not- but I decided to be on the cautious side and ditch mine- and I made hubby ditch his too.

Europafox- you can tell me the wives tale- I can't find it online- and we are finding out in a few weeks anyway so it would be fun to see if the BPM predictor is right.

The Mrs. said...

When are you due?

Follow Midwestprep on Twitter