Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby Drama

I went to the Doctor this morning and it looks like I am dilated 1cm- which means nothing really, but the doctor couldn’t feel the head. Last week, the other doctor said she did feel it, so either he flipped or she just didn’t feel him for some other reason.

I am going back today at 3:30 for an ultrasound to see if he really is breach. If he is, they will have to schedule a procedure to try to flip him. If that works- great, but if it doesn’t, there is a 50/50 chance it could send me into labor which means I would have to have an emergency C section at that time. If it doesn’t work and I don’t go into labor, then they would have to schedule a c- section.

I really don’t want a c-section, so I am hoping this lady was just wrong and that his head really is down, because it really feels like it is. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good luck and I'll be praying for you! The good news is that you are full term so if he decides it's time to come out, then it's fantastic!

Mrs.Preppy said...

I hope the doctor was wrong and he still is head down.... Please keep us updated.

Mom x 2 said...

I will keep my fingers crossed!

Kate said...

Good luck and keep us posted :)

The Mrs. said...

I will say a prayer! Please update us and tell us how it goes! I went for my ultrasound today (28 weeks) and she is breach. I guess it's early though!