Thursday, May 26, 2011

My First Dress for Baby G!

I am almost finished making my first dress for Baby G. I didn't use a pattern and didn't really know what I was making when I started out, but I am very happy with the way it turned out. I even tried a few new details like the little front pleat. Is that a kick pleat?
The fabric I used for the bodice is some of the fabric that I used in her nursery for throw pillows. I designed it myself on Spoonflower. The rest I found in my scrap stash. I still need to try it on her and finish up the back (it is pinned for this photo). Once I can get it on her- I will post some additional photos. I may have to try making this again and doing a tutorial because it was really easy!

2 comments:

Jaclyn said...

pretty! do you make these up yourself or use patterns?

Midwest Prep said...

I usually just use existing clothes to make something up as I go along- This isn't always successful- I am hoping to use some patterns soon.

Follow Midwestprep on Twitter