Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I have Nice Blog Friends!


Yesterday, as some of you read- I was a bit down in the dumps. I usually try to be positive in my posts but things were really wearing on me and I really couldn't talk to anyone about it, so it felt good to get it off my chest and tell the whole blog world. And I am so glad I did. I got two fantastic comments from H&H and TCP-(I read both daily). They were really helpful and made me feel so much better- so much better actually that I wanted to post them.

Hemstitch & Hydrangea said:

Hey- sounds like you are in a bit of a slump- take that early response test for one.. so you ease your mind.Take a deep breath and then move forward with your fabulous life in this fabulous city and think....1. Being a mom in Chicago has loads to offer and will be so much fun and a whole new 2008 than I ever imagined......OR2. Whooo- close one- and pack that gym back get some great new mags and download some great tunes for the treadmill and GO! Just go! Each day it gets more fun and easier and there are tons of people there at night that feel the same as you- but once you get there its all good!I was there tonight and came home with a wet head after swimming- but I feel nice a cozy and sleepy now.Good Luck- of course now you have to let us know-well no you don't- but.. and make tomorrow a great day.

TCP said:

Oh wow. Deep breath. Either way, you'll be fine. Better than fine, right? I would test right away, but then, I have no patience.

Plus, the bright side of being a pg bridesmaid? You won't have to diet yourself into your dress or suck your stomach in for pictures. :)

How about watching a nice, sappy romantic comedy? That always makes me feel better. Hugh Grant + massive amounts of popcorn generally does the trick.Take care,TCP


I took both of your advice: I watched Four Weddings and a Funeral last night- which always makes me laugh and cry, and today I bought a early response test. I will keep you posted. Either way will be fine- really. And as TCP said Better than fine. I can't wait to have a baby-- I was just hoping to get the cruise and best friends wedding out of the way beforehand- but in life you can't plan everything, and just because I may not have accomplished my 20 things to do before conceiving checklist- that is no reason to panic.

5 comments:

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

What great advice from 2 great girls/mommies! I hope you are doing better! Either way, you will find your way, trust me. :)

TCP said...

Glad I could help...and glad you're feeling better about things today. Keep us posted!

Sarah said...

I just found your blog, MP, and I love it! I too am a Midwestern preppy. Hope you are having a better day!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Glad you're feeling better. I had one of those days last week and to make myself feel better I saw 27 Dresses again!

Follow Midwestprep on Twitter