Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My First Car


Yep, you read that correctly. I just got my first car. My husband wants me to get used to driving before I get a new car. And the Honda Pilot hybrid that I have been wanting won't be out for a few years, so he wanted to get me a safe and cute car that would last for 5 years. Let me just tell you that I love this car. I have never had my own car before. My Dad gave me a beater to use when I was 16, but it was never really my car-- i still had to ask to go anywhere. Plus shortly thereafter, I totaled it-- and haven't really driven much since! So finally at 27, I got my first car! I feel so independent! I don't have to ask someone to take me to the store--I can just go! It is such a great feeling. It is a volvo V70 XC, which is the cross country and it was imported from a factory in belgium. It is a few years old and has some miles on it, but it is immaculate and adorable. Everyone says it is so very "me." My husband makes me park in a spot where no one can park in front or behind me because he doesn't want it scratched up. I am so excited!


No comments:

Follow Midwestprep on Twitter