Thursday, September 13, 2007

House Hunting

My husband and I have been house hunting, and although I am sure that home prices in the midwest are much lower than they are on the east coast, I am still in complete sticker shock. There is a profound gap between what I want and what I can afford. The picture above is an example of the kind of house I am looking for. A house where you can have Thanksgiving every year, and everyone can play touch football in the back yard. Where I can hold summer cookouts and cocktail parties. I want a house that I am proud of and that represents my personal style. I want something architecturally significant and aesthetically pleasing. But this house is more than three times my budget. So the search continues...

2 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Where in the Chicago area are you looking?

Midwest Prep said...

Everywhere! We started in skokie because it was on the cusp of Sauganash and Lincolnwood and evanston and the whole wilmette and Winnetka area, but I only found one house I liked, and my inspector found that it had termites! Now we are looking in oak park because it seems that is the only area where we could be somewhat near the city and have a pretty house. It is slow going. I have never felt so frustrated!

Follow Midwestprep on Twitter